According to the EPA’s website, every year, the United States produces more than 300 million scrap tires. Historically, these tires were sent to landfills or illegally dumped in ditches. Fortunately for the local residents, the Little Blue NRD has secured funds through the Nebraska Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality to work with local agencies such as local county commissioners or supervisors as well as the Trailblazers RC&D to collect these tires. Tires collected during these events will be turned into picnic tables and park benches to beautiful parks and tractor tires meeting certain specifications will be turned inside out and used as feed bunks for ranching operations.
Little Blue NRD will be holding three of the events held within the district will be held on October 26th. Front end loaders will be available.
- Clay County
- Clay Center, Clay Center Fairgrounds – 8 am to noon
- Fillmore County
- Geneva, Fillmore County Fairgrounds – 8 am to noon
- Thayer County
- Hebron, Thayer County Roads Department – 8 am to 11 am
There are some rules!
- No rims
- No tubes
- No commercial tire dealers
- No early or late drop offs
- Local county residents only
- You will unload your own tires
- Scale tickets for big loads appreciated
- Big a count of how many tires you are unloading