Urban Park & Recreation
The District will provide technical and financial assistance to organized citizen groups and governmental agencies in their efforts to establish, develop and improve public parks and recreation areas. Priority is given to projects that develop outdoor camping and picnicking facilities.
The District cost-share rate shall be $3.00 per capita population not to exceed 5% of the total cost of the project. The District's contribution shall be not less than $100.00 and not more than a maximum of $25,000.00. The applicant shall be limited to applying for funds once every ten years.
- Recreational plans that include engineering, if necessary.
- Picnic shelters and restrooms with associated water and electrical systems.
- Camper hookups and pads, camper dump stations.
- Grills, fire rings and picnic tables included in the overall recreational plan
- Grading, seeding and landscaping.
Criteria for Eligible Projects
- Project must be sponsored by community or an organization with a written endorsement from the community.
- Project must be a part of a comprehensive plan for the community.
- Project must conform with all local, state and federal laws, guidelines and codes
Ball fields, tennis courts, swimming pools, playground equipment, race tracks, trails and other similar projects.